I didn’t take any pictures during the repair process, but here’s what I did with the drums:
1 ) Cut down one of the 13″ tom to make a 13×4″ piccolo snare drum. Lack of appropriate tools make job super hard.
2 ) Ordered Aqua Satin drum wrap to wrap all the toms, though not enough to do the bassdrum.
3 ) Drilled new holes in the 16″ floor tom to convert it into a bass drum.
4 ) Scour high and low for enough lugs to fit all the drums. Ended up getting some genuine Slingerland lugs from a local guy who has lots of parts stashed. He once appeared on Modern Drummer for building a drumset with a tuning system operated via air-pressure. Very cool.
5 ) Bought light duty hardwares to go with the set.
6 ) Made my own bassdrum riser for the 16″ tom. So the beater can hit closer to centre.
7 ) Wrapped the 20″ drum with the chrome wrap taken from the 16″ tom.
8 ) Wrap all the toms / snare in Aqua satin. You can see where the wrap ran out on the bottom of the floor tom in one of those pics. But ssssh, keep it secret.
9 ) Drilled / sanded / and screwed in the tom mounts and snare strainer.
10 ) Took it to my fellowship’s coffee house for a test drive.Â Punchy little fella!