Got together with a few fellow drummers tonight and checked out each others cymbals , good to finally hear some different models and how each person uses it.
Some of my favorites :
– Sabian AA Xplosion crashes , really expressive ,Chad Smith wasn’t kidding!
– Zildjian A Custom Thins anything : sounds like butter! Opens up nicely at low volume.
– Sabian HHX anything
– Zildjian K anything (my friend Adrian laid down some tasty licks on those hats. I need to up my game to become worthy of those brass!)
Sabian AA Chinese 18″. Sounds just right.
Some duds :
– Zildjian New Beats (cold and gongy)
– Zildjian Quick beats (very 1 dimensional )
– Sabian AA Studio anything ( lifeless and gongy)
– Zildjian A crashes (too heavy)
Sonic 20″ ride – surprisingly expressive and warm sounding .
Zildjian A crash – horrible. lifeless .
Zildjian ZBT rock hats – very nice when closed.
Sabian B8 anything – the only reason we all had it was because we were young and gullible.
Looking forward to next time ! Gotta pick their brains some more!