2008 Restoration Project – Part 2

Since last time when I got the shells done I had been waiting for some extra bassdrum parts to show up.

I waited and waited and waited until in late March, a whole drumset kinda fell into my lap.

Yah the lugs don’t match, but I looked at it as a ticket to join in the custom drum craze..

Given my previous experience with stainless steel wrap, I decided to recover the whole drumkit in a new finish. It’s not like I could just go to REVY’s and order some stainless steel wrap for my bassdrums anyway.

So I spent about a week staying up late taking all the drums apart, using a heat gun to pull the steel wraps and replace it with some new ones. Process was long, but it was just a matter of screwing screws since I didn’t need to do any more drilling. The old wrap was littered with scratches and dents and (mis)drilled holes, so I wasn’t sad at all to see it go.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you part 2 of my project.

10×5 tom
12×5 tom
13×5 tom
16×16 floor tom
14×5 snare
22×8 bass
22×8 bass

Mesh heads on one side, regular drumheads on the other. It’s like the Pearl Rhythm traveler on steroids.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *